Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sponsorship

Ugh! Trying to generate support for the church plant is the thing I really don't like. I just don't like making the big ask. I feel like I am begging people for money. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not asking people to give to me or even to our church plant but to give for kingdom work and to give so that they can be partners in something awesome that God is doing.

I have had some really good conversations over the last couple of days with some potential sponsors. So, be much in prayer about that.

One thing that encouraged me was thinking of what we needed to do for sponsorship in smaller terms. If we get one hundred people to commit to giving one hundred dollars a month, we will be well on our way to the needed support for starting the church. Please pray about who God would have be involved in sponsoring The Crossroads and how they might be involved.

No comments: