Tuesday, June 30, 2009

GOD on Your iPOD: "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback

Well, I know, some of you think Nickelback is cheesy. I have to admit, I like their stuff, and this one is a really good one. It sounds some of the same notes as in "It's Not My Time" by Three Doors Down, so I won't rehash all the themes I pointed out in that one. If you want to hear the audio from that message, you can listen to the podcast here.

"If Today Was Your Last Day" is simply a song about making the most of the time you have here on earth. That is certainly a biblical concept. The Bible tells us repeatedly that our lives are short that they are determined and that we must make the most of every opportunity for doing God's work while we are here on earth.

I really like some of the stuff happening at the end of the video as people take opportunity to do some things to make a difference. I hope we as the church will start doing more things like this.

No comments: