Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Night Review


Today was another great day at The Crossroads. We launched a new series simply called "FAMILY" that I am really excited about. We're going to be exploring some really straight up biblical instruction on God's plan for the family. We are doing this series because so many people are struggling with issues related to the family but don't know where to turn for help.

Today, I got to approach family in a way that I have never seen anyone else do it before. Not that I'm all that. I just never have seen anyone else do this. I developed a theology of family by looking at the family element of the Trinity (Father and Son). I probably can't give you a good understanding of it here in a recap, so I'll probably just post the manuscript of the message later. Anyhow, I really came to a greater understanding of God's love for us because of his love for his own glory and for his Son through this message. And, of course, I had fun doing it. I really do love to preach.

We had a great crowd this Sunday. I think it was our biggest since Easter. Each week, we are continuing to see new faces in the crowd. It is just amazing to watch. Our Kid's Cove children's area is overflowing. We had 62 in there today. We need more children's workers. So, if you are available, please let us know.

The band did an awesome job, as always. We had a new guitarist with the band today. We've had a great acoustic guitarist who has been faithful to us from the very start (Thanks, Jake). But we have really wrestled with finding a consistent electric guitarist. That's a pretty big hindrance since we do an alternative worship style. Well, because of some of the relationship connections that we are developing and because of our God on your iPod: Classic Rock series, we discovered a couple of guitarists were sitting in the crowd each week. Cory played with the band for the first time today, and he did awesome. Having an electric just really opens up some great stuff for us. So, praise God!

After our worship service, we went to one of the local city parks to do some more service. We have adopted a section of trail in the park to keep clean and looking nice. Today, we just did a trash pick up. Several families got out in the blistering Texas heat to help out. Then, we all hung out under a shade tree, and had a picnic together. We tossed the football around, played croquet, threw a flying disc, and played horseshoes. It was a great afternoon! I love connecting with some of the new people at The Crossroads!

Man, we are still on the ride of our lives, and I am loving every minute of it!

No comments: