Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Night Review

We had a great day today at The Crossroads. We were down a little because of the Memorial Day weekend, but attendance is still over double what it was at this time last year.

Today, we closed out our "God on your iPod: Classic Rock" series. It was an incredibly fun series that God really used in our people's lives. Today, we did "Revolution" by The Beatles, and I talked about how to live a revolutionary life. It's a theme I've shared before, but it always seems to capture people's hearts. People are just wired to hear that God designed us to change the world.

Each week in this series, we have had an impromptu band from the audience play the song for the week on Guitar Hero or Rockband. It has been a great way to engage our people in the service. It gives everybody a laugh, and it helps people stay engaged. I love serving a church where we can be creative and have a blast as we worship God.

Our band rocked the house today. For a closing song, our worship pastor did an original song that is straight up awesome. It was a great day, now I'm ready for some rest.

Oh yeah, I finished up my work with the Census Bureau this week. Now on to being a stay at home dad for the summer. Can't wait to get to spend some quality time with my kids and with some of my friends that I haven't seen in forever.

No comments: